Virtual Conference Platform Trouble Shooting Guide
- The Platform works best on Google Chrome browser.
- If you are using a company laptop or network (VPN), please make sure https://virtual.agileindia.org is not blocked by your security team.
- We highly recommend all users to use a Laptop/Desktop. A mobile phone can be used, but it is not ideal.
- Please be informed that the virtual platform does not work in countries where VOIP is banned. (Guyana, Venezuela, Kuwait, Libya, North Korea, Oman and Qatar).
Allowing Camera and Microphone in your Chrome web browser
You will see a small video icon where you enter URL (besides bookmark star). Click on that and allow permission to access your camera and microphone. Kindly refer to the screenshot below:
Alternatively, you can also give access by clicking on the lock icon in the URL
If you are still facing issues, try opening https://virtual.agileindia.org in a new incognito window in Chrome.
Unable to view the video of speakers?
Video stops due to low internet speed. Click on the troubleshoot icon on right top of your screen, check your internet strength. If required, you may click on reboot your system by clicking on that tab.
Having audio/ video issues?
On the virtual conference platform, you will be prompted to select your audio and video device so that people can hear and see you at the event. You NEED to give browser permissions to access your camera and microphone. If you do not allow these permissions, the platform does NOT work.
- Please be sure that you are preferably using the latest version of Google Chrome browser.
- Make sure your camera and microphone are allowed for https://virtual.agileindia.org side. Under Permissions, locate Camera and Microphone. virtual.agileindia.org should be one of the approved sites.
Allow applications access to your computer’s Microphone and Camera
In Windows 10, you’re able to set a default Mic, but there are also system-level Camera permissions on which applications can access your camera. Here’s how to set these:
- Click on the Microsoft icon and click the Settings icon
- Select ‘Privacy’ and then search for ‘Camera’
- Scroll down and look for the section ‘Allow access to the camera on this device’ and click the ‘Change’ button under ‘Camera Access for this device is on’
- Make sure the toggle option for ‘Allow apps to access your camera’ is also turned on
- Finally, in the app list, make sure to turn on Camera access for the browser you’re using
To allow microphone permissions, go back to the Settings page and select ‘Privacy’ and then click ‘Microphone’
- Under ‘Allow access to the microphone on this device’ and click the ‘Change’ button under ‘Microphone access for this device is on’
- Make sure the toggle option for ‘Allow apps to access your microphone’ is turned on
- Finally in the app list, make sure to turn on microphone access for the browser you’re using
Check for Audio Inputs and Outputs on your Device:
- Open up the Settings panel
- Select ‘System’ settings and click on ‘Sound’
- Scroll down to the Input section and use the dropdown menu to select the desired input device
Reset the camera app on Windows 10
Resetting the camera app can fix some system glitches that may cause the camera to not work on Windows 10 and gives the app a fresh restart. To restart the camera app, follow these steps:
1. Open up the Settings panel and select ‘Apps’ and then ‘Apps & Features’
2. Click ‘Camera’ and then ‘Advanced options’
3. Click the ‘Reset’ button
Enable Screen Sharing Permission for Apple macOS Catalina (10.15) and later
If you are running macOS Catalina — version 10.15 or later — you must grant access to the new Screen Recording Permission in order to share your screen.
How to enable screen sharing
1. You’ll be asked to enable the Screen Recording permission for Google Chrome.
When you see the following dialog, click “Open System Preferences”.
If you do not see the dialog above or you are unable to screen share, manually open System Preferences, click the “Security and Privacy” icon and then choose “Screen Recording” in the sidebar.
2. In the Screen Recording section click the box next to Google Chrome to allow screen sharing for your presentation. You may need to click the unlock icon in the bottom-left.
3. Next, click “Later”. Even if you do not restart Google Chrome screen share will work.
4. Rejoin your video call. You should now be able to screen share!
If you have any issues, click the chat icon in the bottom-right of this page to chat with us.
Note: If you disable the Screen Recording permission from System Preferences, you’ll need to re-enable it again in the future.
Speakers using Safari browser might not be audible to the Attendees.
By default, safari browser puts the user on mute. Kindly unmute yourself from the top right section of the screen
How to remove sound echo
The following maybe the possible reasons of audio echoes during your event.
Kindly follow the tips below to fix them:
1) The built-in speakers on your computer might be playing back the sound that your built-in mic is picking up. To fix this, refer to the below steps:
- Lower the volume of your built-in-speakers
- Use a headset or a headphone with a mic included
- If you are using external speakers, place the speakers far away from the laptop mic and reduce the volume to a comfortable level
2) Changing the sound settings on your computer can help minimize echo issues. Here are the steps on how to adjust your sound settings:
- Open the Control Panel and click on ‘Sound’
- Select the Recording tab, right-click your microphone, and select ‘Properties’
- Select the Enhancements tab, disable all enhancements, and click ‘Apply’
For Mac Configuration:
- Open System Preferences and click on the ‘Sound’ icon
- Click on ‘Input’ and un-check the ‘use ambient noise reduction’ and close the window
3) Use Chrome preferably and close other browsers
4) Check for sources of background noise and refrain from the external sources of noise
5) Mute your microphone while another person is talking. Ask the other person to do the same when you are talking
6) Reset the Internet connection (should be high speed network) and try connecting back
7) If you are using a standalone microphone (i.e., not the built-in one on your computer or a headset), try moving it farther away from your mouth. Also be sure to move any hand-held electronic devices (such as an iPhone) away from your mic and speakers, as this can cause echo.